Well-maintained properties hold their resale value better than properties that are neglected. When it comes to parking lots or driveways, sealcoating is an essential part of regular maintenance. The sealcoating process helps protect surfaces like these from the weather, improving durability while at the same time boosting the curb appeal of the property.
The tips below will help you properly prepare your parking lot or driveway for sealcoating:
1. Read the weather forecast. If any type of precipitation is anticipated in your area, reschedule your appointment. Sealcoating should only be applied when the surface is dry.
2. If the driveway has contaminants like chalk or fertilizer on it, it should be thoroughly washed and rinsed before the sealcoating is applied. This process should be completed anywhere from 2 to 4 days in advance to ensure that the driveway has time to dry.
3. Trim back any grass or vegetation growing next to the asphalt. There shouldn’t be any overhanging vegetation on the edges of the parking lot or driveway.
4. Your sprinkler system should be deactivated for at least 24 hours before sealcoating the surface. Wait at least 24 hours after the sealcoating process is complete before turning the system back on.
5. Avoid scheduling any deliveries during the time that the sealcoating is taking place. The area should be left undisturbed for 48 hours.
6. Clear any items off of the surface before the process begins. This includes vehicles, sheds, trailers, planters, lawn furniture, garbage cans, toys, bicycles, and any other objects.
7. Avoid allowing dogs or other pets to run loose in the area where the sealcoating is taking place. Instead, they should be kept in a fenced yard or on a leash.
This is the ideal season for sealcoating parking lots and driveways.
To set up a free consultation, give Ideal Seal a call at 651-409-3001.
At Ideal Seal, we specialize in installing and maintaining parking lots and driveways for both commercial and residential customers. You can trust our experienced professionals to keep your parking lot or driveway looking great. This includes cleaning and properly preparing the surface for sealcoating.